CTL: Certified Telehealth Liaison
CTL: Certified Telehealth Liaison
The Certified TeleHealth Liaison (CTL) Certification is designed so that its graduates will have the TeleHealth skills and knowledge required to successfully serve as a leader, promoter, and marketer in the TeleHealth industry.
CTL Certification includes the following modules:
1) The Telehealth Industry and Drivers of Telehealth Growth
2) Telehealth Overview and Applications
3) Technology Used & Live Interactive Visit
4) Telehealth, Nonclinical Applications and Building Awareness and Support for the Telehealth Program
5) Recognizing Barriers to Telehealth, Overcoming Challenges and Attributes of Successful Telehealth Programs
6) Remote Patient Monitoring
7) Mobile Technologies & Cloud Computing
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of this certification, you should be able to:
The Telehealth Industry and Drivers of Telehealth Growth
- List the underlying reasons for the explosive growth of the telehealth industry.
- Summarize how these factors are influencing the growth of the telehealth industry.
Telehealth Overview and Applications
- Define Telehealth, Telemedicine and the benefits associated with each.
- Define the Presenting/Patient Site and Provider Site.
- Describe the two Clinical Telemedicine Applications.
Technology Used & Live Interactive Visit
- Identify the technology equipment required and connectivity requirements for Telehealth Services.
- Describe the privacy standards brought about by the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)and its relevance to telemedicine.
- Recite the steps for a Live Telemedicine Video Encounter / Consultation.
- Recite the steps for a Store and Forward Telemedicine Consultation.
Telehealth, Nonclinical Applications and Building Awareness and Support for the Telehealth Program
- Describe nonclinical applications of telehealth.
- List the key steps for marketing telehealth.
- Identify the different groups/organizations to target for telehealth marketing.
- Demonstrate strategies to highlight the benefits that Telehealth brings to the different targeted audiences.
Recognizing Barriers to Telehealth, Overcoming Challenges and Attributes of Successful Telehealth Programs
- Describe barriers to telehealth implementation & sustainability.
- Apply strategies for overcoming increased adoption of telemedicine.
- Describe the importance of a telehealth champion.
- Describe the necessity to take measures to maintain telemedicine skills.
- Identify specific attributes of successful telehealth and telemedicine programs.
- Observe the importance of good record keeping.
Remote Patient Monitoring
- Define Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM).
- Outline the benefits associated with RPM.
- Describe RPM with Chronic Disease Managment, Post-Acute Care Management, Patient Safety in the residential setting, and Medication Compliance.
- Describe the basic technology/equipment used for RPM.
- Describe barriers associated with RPM.
Mobile Technologies and Cloud Computing
- Describe a variety of mobile devices used to deliver healthcare services and the methodologies associated with clinical consultations.
- Describe mobile device security best practices.
- Discuss how to clean a mobile device.
- Describe “the cloud” and how it applies to telehealth services.
Learning Outcomes Standard: Based upon the Certified Telehealth Liaison National Standard.
Learning Outcomes Conditions:
Complete self-paced certification in its entirety.
Complete certification within 30 days.
Pass all quizzes and final with 80% or better.
You will receive a completion certificate with 0.2 CEU/2 credit hours for this course when all Learning Outcomes Conditions have been met.
Approximate Learning Time: 2 - 4 hours
This certification course is online and will take 2-4 hours. You will have 30 days to complete this certification.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this course, please contact Rena Brewer at email@example.com.
Minimum technological requirements: click Online Course Tech Requirements