Telehealth Coordinator Certificate
Telehealth Coordinator Certificate
The Telehealth Coordinator Certificate is designed so that its learners who complete this set of training will have the skills to correctly and confidently coordinate virtual encounters with physicians and a variety of specialists.
This training program includes the following modules:
- Telehealth Overview and Applications
- Technology Used & Live Interactive Visit
- The Telehealth Coordinator and the Telehealth Team
- Certified Telehealth Coordinator: Clinic Basics and Working with the Telehealth Presenter
- Certified Telehealth Coordinator: Attributes of Successful TeleHealth Programs & Building Awareness and Support for the Telehealth Program
- Remote Patient Monitoring
- Mobile Technologies and Cloud Computing
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of this certification, you should be able to:
Telehealth Overview and Applications
- Discuss the main drivers behind the expanding application of telehealth.
- Define telehealth and telemedicine.
- Describe the benefits of telehealth.
- Define the Originating/Patient Site and the Distant/Consulting Site.
- Describe the two clinical telemedicine applications:
- Live video or live interactive telemedicine encounter
- Store and forward
Technology Used & Live Interactive Visit
- Describe the technology required for telehealth services.
- Describe the two clinical telemedicine applications: live video or live interactive telemedicine encounter and store and forward.
- Describe steps for a live telemedicine video encounter/consultation.
- Describe steps for a store and forward telemedicine consultation.
The Telehealth Coordinator and the Telehealth Team
- Understand the role of the telehealth coordinator.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the telehealth team at the originating/patient site.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the telehealth team at the distant/consulting site.
- Define the members of the telehealth team.
Clinic Basics and Working with the Telehealth Presenter
- Describe the telemedicine encounter before, during and after the telemedicine consultation.
- Describe the telemedicine exam room and set up.
- Explain appropriate video conferencing etiquette for the patient presenter.
Attributes of Successful TeleHealth Programs & Building Awareness and Support for the Telehealth Program
- Verbalize attributes of a successful telehealth program.
- Explain the necessity to take measures to maintain telehealth skills.
- Define the importance of good record keeping.
- Verbalize specific criteria for measuring a successful telemedicine program.
- Recognize the goal of marketing which is the promotion and advancement of telehealth.
- Identify the different groups/organizations to target for telehealth marketing.
- Identify the benefits that telehealth brings to different targeted audiences.
Remote Patient Monitoring
- Define remote patient monitoring (RPM).
- Outline the benefits associated with RPM.
- Describe RPM with chronic disease management, post-acute care management, patient safety in the residential setting, and medication compliance.
- Describe the basic technology/equipment used for RPM.
- Describe barriers associated with RPM.
Mobile Technologies and Cloud Computing
- Describe a variety of mobile devices used to deliver healthcare services and the methodologies associated with clinical consultations.
- Describe mobile device security best practices.
- Discuss how to clean a mobile device.
- Describe “the cloud” and how it applies to telehealth services.
Learning Outcomes Standard: Based upon the national standards for Telehealth Coordinators.
Learning Outcomes Conditions:
Complete self-paced certification in its entirety.
Complete certification within 30 days.
Pass all quizzes and final with 80% or better.
You will receive a completion certificate with 0.3 CEU/3 credit hours for this course when all Learning Outcomes Conditions have been met.
Approximate Learning Time: 3 - 5 hours
This certification course is online and will take 3-5 hours. You will have 30 days to complete this certification.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this course, please contact Lloyd Sirmons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum technological requirements: click Online Course Tech Requirements