CTC: Certified Telehealth Coordinator
CTC: Certified Telehealth Coordinator
The Certified Telehealth Coordinator (CTC) Certification Program is designed so that its graduates will have the skills to correctly and confidently coordinate virtual encounters with physicians and a variety of specialists.
CTC Certification includes the following modules:
- Telehealth Overview and Applications
- Technology Used & Live Interactive Visit
- The Telehealth Coordinator and the Telehealth Team
- Certified Telehealth Coordinator: Clinic Basics and Working with the Telehealth Presenter
- Certified Telehealth Coordinator: Attributes of Successful TeleHealth Programs & Building Awareness and Support for the Telehealth Program
- Remote Patient Monitoring
- Mobile Technologies and Cloud Computing
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of this certification, you should be able to:
Telehealth Overview and Applications
- Discuss the main drivers behind the expanding application of Telehealth.
- Define Telehealth and Telemedicine.
- Describe the benefits of Telehealth.
- Define the Presenting/Patient Site and Provider Site.
- Describe the two Clinical Telemedicine Applications: Live Video or Live Interactive Telemedicine Encounter and Store and Forward,
Technology Used & Live Interactive Visit
- Describe the technology required for Telehealth Services.
- Describe the two Clinical Telemedicine Applications: Live Video or Live Interactive Telemedicine Encounter and Store and Forward.
- Describe steps for a Live Telemedicine Video Encounter / Consultation.
- Describe steps for a Store and Forward Telemedicine Consultation.
The Telehealth Coordinator and the Telehealth Team
- Understand the role of the Telehealth Coordinator.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the Telehealth Team at the Presenting/Patient Site.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the Telehealth Team at the Provider/Specialty Site.
- Define the members of the Telehealth Team.
Certified Telehealth Coordinator: Clinic Basics and Working with the Telehealth Presenter
- Describe the telemedicine encounter before, during and after the Telemedicine Consultation
- Describe the telemedicine exam room and set up
- Explain appropriate video conferencing etiquette for the patient presenter
Certified Telehealth Coordinator: Attributes of Successful TeleHealth Programs & Building Awareness and Support for the Telehealth Program
- Verbalize attributes of a successful telehealth program
- Explain the necessity to take measures to maintain telehealth skills
- Define the importance of good record keeping
- Verbalize specific criteria for measuring a successful telemedicine program
- Recognize the goal of marketing which is the promotion and advancement of telehealth
- Identify the different groups/organizations to target for telehealth marketing
- Identify the benefits that telehealth brings to different targeted audiences
Remote Patient Monitoring
- Define Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM).
- Outline the benefits associated with RPM.
- Describe RPM with Chronic Disease Managment, Post-Acute Care Management, Patient Safety in the residential setting, and Medication Compliance.
- Describe the basic technology/equipment used for RPM.
- Describe barriers associated with RPM.
Mobile Technologies and Cloud Computing
- Describe a variety of mobile devices used to deliver healthcare services and the methodologies associated with clinical consultations.
- Describe mobile device security best practices.
- Discuss how to clean a mobile device.
- Describe “the cloud” and how it applies to telehealth services.
Learning Outcomes Standard: Based upon the Certified Telehealth Coordinator National Standard.
Learning Outcomes Conditions:
Complete self-paced certification in its entirety.
Complete certification within 30 days.
Pass all quizzes and final with 80% or better.
You will receive a completion certificate with 0.3 CEU/3 credit hours for this course when all Learning Outcomes Conditions have been met.
Approximate Learning Time: 3 - 5 hours
This certification course is online and will take 3-5 hours. You will have 30 days to complete this certification.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this course, please contact Rena Brewer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum technological requirements: click Online Course Tech Requirements