Telehealth & HIPAA
As telehealth programs expand nationwide, it is important for facilities providing telehealth services to be familiar, and compliant, with the established HIPAA standards. This course is designed to ensure telehealth professionals have a strong understanding of the guiding provisions of the HIPAA laws pertaining to PHI, distribution and protection of PHI, as well as how HIPAA applies in the telehealth setting.
In order to receive your completion certificate and 0.1 CEU credit/ 1 credit hour for this course, all learning outcome conditions must be met including a score of at least 80% on the quiz and completion of the evaluation.
If you have questions about this course or need technical assistance, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the purpose of the HIPAA Law.
- Recognize the two standards of HIPAA.
- Identify possible breach scenarios.
- Explain ways to be HIPAA compliant.
- Understand the role of Business Associates Agreements.
- Describe fines and penalties related to HIPAA breeches.
- Explain the role of OCR audits.
Learning Outcome Standard
Based upon HIPAA Standards from the OCR.
Learning Outcome Conditions
- Listen to voiced course in its entirety.
- Complete course within 30 days.
- Pass assessment with a 80% or better.
- Complete Online Course Evaluation
- Handouts provided in the Digital Library.
Approximate Learning Time: 1 hour
This course is online and will take approximately 1 hour. You will have 30 days to complete this course.
Minimum technological requirements: click Online Course Tech Requirements